With regards to curriculum:
- We completed reading and writing surveys (those who did not finish will have the
opportunity to finish next week),
- We went 'speed dating' - please ask them
about their experience while meeting different books. :D
- We completed a class on different reading genre.
- We discussed word attack strategies and reading strategies - they received handouts on both.
- We assembled the Reading Response journals - these were
collected on Friday, Sept. 12th.
We have had a busy, but productive week!
We follow the same schedule most weeks.
- Monday - 15 mins silent reading and then I model a new concept
- Tuesday - 15 mins of silent reading and then the students practice the concepts that we introduced yesterday.
- Wednesday - Silent reading class and teacher conferencing
- Thursday - 15 mins of silent reading and model new concept and/or finish concepts for Tuesday's class
- Friday - Reading Response Journal class.
I sent home a sheet explaining this schedule. Please do not hesitate to contact me if yo have any questions.
NOTE : I have sent home three forms that need to be signed and returned.
Pleas make sure your son or daughter has handed in their duotang and has a novel for class.
These documents are some things that we completed in class this week.